We thought about writing the usual "About Us" page. We decided we needed a good old-fashioned manifesto instead.
- We believe backyard vegetable gardening makes the world a better place.
- We think that if you grow some of your own food, you will be healthier and happier.
- We believe backyard food growing can help a lot of hungry people.
- We believe backyard vegetable gardening should be a movement, not just a hobby.
- We believe conversation without etiquette is impossible.
- Three thousand years ago Marcus Cicero said, “all you need is a garden and a library.” We think he was right.
- We think blogs like this one are a good way to promote backyard vegetable gardening and share experiences.
Gardening can be difficult and frustrating. We should know. We have grown vegetables in urban and suburban backyards for over thirty years, and have made every mistake in the book. The only qualification we have to write this blog is experience. We have lots to share, but lots still to learn too. We hope our blog helps on both counts.
We live on the banks of the Brazos River in Central Texas. We have a garden, and we keep bees in a small apiary. There is nothing for sale on this website, though we will promote products and services we like. If you contact us, we will never give your information to anyone else. Never.